Sunday, January 22, 2012

Fancy Yarn = Fancy Results

Cha Cha from Trendsetter Yarns
I like fancy yarns, they help me make super cool looking stuff while I basically have no real knitting skill.  A big YAY for the clearance section! This fancy yarn was originally THIRTY DAMN DOLLARS A SKEIN! I was able to get this one for a mere 16.89 over at the Redmond Ben Franklin. This was the only skein in this color, so I am happy there was enough for a decent length, if narrow, scarf.  They had about 8 or 9 in their discontinued Dark Denim... but that color didn't speak to me.

There is another yarn they have there that is structured the same as this one, in a metallic tinsel-like hot pink and black that is more affordable.  But that color combo is so not me.  So so not me.  Angela maybe... and I DO owe her something crafted by the end of the year... all she has to do is let me know.  :)

I suppose when I think of it in terms of the price one would have to pay for my fancy new scarf, even 30 dollars isn't so bad. I mean, how much would a person have to pay for a scarf like this at Nordstroms? 

I knitted this while watching Downton Abbey on Netflix.  I can see why that show has won so many awards.  There was something a touch too cliche for me though about how I have spent a majority of the weekend... sitting on the couch, knitting, watching PBS Masterpiece Classics.  And yet, it felt so right.  
Ruffles!

2 comments:

  1. Soooo pretty! And such a Tamara color, too! I really wanted to buy a skein of this type of specialty yarn in red a few weeks ago but as you said, it is crazy-expensive. Go you for finding it on clearance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. If the metallic/hot pink stuff is not scratchy, then yes, totally me!

    P.P.S. There is nothing wrong with knitting while watching PBS Masterpiece Classics: all of the cool kids are doing it! True story.

    ReplyDelete